Further to Tara Baoth Mooney’s presentation on Sustainability in Fashion on 26 March 2012, Tara, SMARTlab’s SMARTfashion and Sustainable Fashion Manager/Artist in Residence, will be attending an international dissemination event to present the findings and experiences of the DelPHE project on Tuesday, 22 May 2012, at the British Council, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The ‘United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) DelPHE Project 2009–2012 – Sustainable Fashion: Bangladesh & UK Perspective BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology (BUFT)/London College of Fashion’ project was set up to foster knowledge transfer in the higher education sector between East and West, particularly in the sustainable textiles area. LCF and BUFT, in cooperation with UNIDO, have been undertaking the DelPHE Project over the last three years. The project, managed by the British Council, aims to substantially improve educational links between Bangladesh and the UK.
The long-term effects of this project will be to foster knowledge transfer in the Higher Education sector. This programme has been recognised as playing an important role in fostering relationships and contracts across the UK and Bangladesh in the field of Higher Education.
Presenting at the event will be:
- Mr John T Smith, International Coordinator/Long Term Adviser of UNIDO
- Ms Rosemary Arnott, Director of the British Council in Bangladesh
- Mr Shafiul Islam Mohiuddin, President, BGMEA
- Dr Lynne Hammond, Director of International Partnerships & Development at LCF
- Lipi Begum, LCF
- Tara Baoth Mooney, SMARTfashion and Sustainable Fashion Manager SMARTlab at UCD, Ireland